Everybody has emotional baggage and hot-buttons – but nobody has to keep them.
You don’t get through life without getting some cuts and scrapes and you don’t get through life without getting some emotional cuts and scrapes. Your brain records these emotional wounds as negative memories.
There are two kinds of negative memories – unhealed and healed.
- Unhealed – When you think about or mentally relive an unhealed memory you feel some or all of the negative feelings you had when it happened.
- Healed – When you think about or mentally relive a healed memory you remember how bad you felt but you don’t feel any of those feelings in the present.
We all have a bunch of memories that have healed. We all also have some memories that haven’t healed, that have gotten stuck.
Your unhealed memories become:
- Emotional Baggage – Issues that weigh you down, slow you down and make you a prisoner of your past.
- Hot-Buttons – Emotional trigger points that give people and situations the power to raise your blood pressure just by pushing one of your buttons.
When your negative memories heal they become wisdom because, “Wisdom is the set of yucky things you have been through AND you have gotten over.”
Your Achievement Centered Therapy program will help you to:
- Identify your emotional baggage and hot-buttons
- Map out how they are affecting your life
- Transform your baggage and hot-buttons into wisdom